A pearly-white smile is attractive and can greatly improve self-confidence. Many people are opting for the Sinsational Smile® Chairside Teeth Whitening System for fast, safe, and effective teeth whitening. Sinsational Smile® combines the newest advances in dental technology with proven chemical formulas. This ensures that the bleaching experience is painless, and the results are satisfying.
There are many reasons why teeth become stained or discolored, including tobacco use, and drinking dark liquids such as red wine, coffee, tea and cola. However, the natural aging process and prescription medication use can also cause yellowing or graying, and may be unaffected by the teeth whitening gel.
There are literally hundreds of teeth whitening treatments available in the marketplace, including over the counter strips, bleaching toothpastes and over the counter teeth whitening gels. Many take-home gels can be ineffective and may not elicit the desired results.
Sinsational Smile® has many advantages over these other bleach treatments, including:
· All teeth treated simultaneously.
· Faster treatment times.
· Longer lasting results.
· Reduced sensitivity.
· Removal of surface stains on crowns, veneers and other restorations.
(Does not change the original color, or lab placed characterizations, of the crown or composite)
· Safe procedure and treatment.
· Treatments are performed by an experienced professional.
It is important to seek advice from the dentist prior to beginning a bleaching regime. Women who are pregnant or lactating should not seek bleaching treatment.
How does Sinsational Smile® whiten teeth?
Sinsational Smile® is a bleaching process that lightens the dentin and enamel of the teeth. Sinsational Smile® contains 35% Carbamide Peroxide (the active ingredient), carbomer, menthol, glycerin, and mint flavor in the gel. When hydrogen peroxide is applied to the teeth, the peroxide component breaks down into tiny oxygen bubbles. It is these bubbles that eliminate yellowing and staining.
A Blue LED light is used to activate the gel and expedite the teeth whitening process. This specialized light (460~490nm wavelength) stays cool, leaving no risk of burning the patient during the procedure. The internal structure of the teeth remains completely healthy and intact during and after the treatment.
As with any teeth whitening system, the post-treatment results can vary according to the degree of staining and the condition of the teeth. A consultation with the dentist prior to treatment will provide information as to what kind of results Sinsational Smile® can provide in specific instances. Sinsational Smile® is best to be applied to healthy teeth and gums. To avoid replacement of good fillings it is best to bleach, let the color stabilize, and then match the filling to the resulting tooth color.
How is the Sinsational Smile® treatment performed?
Prior to treatment, there will be a consultation with trained staff outline the exact procedure. On treatment day, a deep cleaning (prophylaxis) can be performed to rid the teeth of any debris and plaque. Prophylaxis is a separate treatment and should be scheduled with one of our hygienists. Then, special eyewear will be provided to protect the eyes from the LED light, and a saliva ejector is given to the patient to help with additional saliva.
Here is a brief overview of the Sinsational Smile® procedure:
1. Vitamin E is applied to the patient’s lips from a supplied cotton swab.
2. Patient and assistant place the preloaded bleach tray so that the teeth are evenly coated with teeth whitening gel.
3. The Sinsational Smile® LED light will then be positioned to activate the teeth whitening gel on all the teeth simultaneously.
4. After 20 minutes, tray and teeth whitening gel will be removed from the mouth, and the patient will be instructed to rinse.
5. Patient will be given instructions on application of bleach from the take home bleach pen provided.
6. The patient will also be given the rinsed tray so that it can protect the teeth whitening gel from the pen and keep it on the teeth longer at home.
7. At home application with the pen only needs to be placed for 15-20 minutes and if you have custom trays those can be used as a barrier at home.
8. For 24 hours after treatment avoid foods that would stain a white shirt (Red wine, Coffee, Tea, Cola, Tomato, and Tobacco).
What happens after treatment?
The same external factors that caused the discoloration in the first place can quickly work their way back onto the teeth. For this reason, the dentist recommends flossing once a day, thorough cleaning with anti-sensitivity toothpaste twice a day, and occasional retreatment with Sinsational Smile® Weekender. These post-treatment measures will ensure that the smile stays at its whitest for a long time.
If you have questions about the Sinsational Smile® Chairside Teeth Whitening System, please ask your dentist.